Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Farewell to our Favorite Principal, Dr. Argent

Dear Lake Myra Elementary School Community:

It is with mixed emotions that I send you this letter.  At last night’s Wake County Public School System Board of Education meeting, I was named the Principal of Knightdale High School.  Although I am excited and thrilled to begin this new journey, I am saddened at the prospects of no longer being the Principal of the BEST Elementary School in the world!  My official start date at Knightdale High School will be July 1, 2014. 

Five years ago, I was named the first principal of Lake Myra Elementary School.  I began with a vision that we would prepare every single person in the school community for their future by creating a safe, loving, and nurturing environment with high expectations for all!  I believe we are well on our way to fulfilling that vision.  Our staff is second to none and filled with excellent leaders.  Our students have embraced The Leader in Me philosophy and are performing at unprecedented levels. Our school community is healthy and will continue to flourish.  My personal mission statement is to leave a legacy of love and leadership to all that I touch.  I truly believe that we have built a legacy of excellence at Lake Myra that will endure forever.

I hope that I get to see many of you before school ends and even more of you as your children enter high school!   In the coming days, Dr. Edward McFarland will set up a community meeting for parent input regarding the next principal of Lake Myra.  Dr. McFarland is as passionate as I am about the success of Lake Myra and the continued success of The Leader in Me.  I am sure he would love your input on the next principal.

The first letter I wrote to the Lake Myra community began with a favorite quote of mine, so I only find it fitting to end my last letter with the same quote.  Ancient Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu stated, “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”   The next journey for Lake Myra and Jim Argent is about to begin on July 1.  I know it will be an amazing journey for all of us!  I love you and will always be part of the Lake Myra School Community!

With Love,
Dr. Jim Argent