Friday, September 19, 2014

Parents... WE NEED YOU


WE NEED YOU! 
We are looking for parents to represent Lake Myra as our Title 1 PAC (Parent Advisory Council) parents.  We value your input and would really appreciate your time.  Here are a few of the parent representative responsibilities:
·      Participate in planning parent involvement at Lake Myra
·      Attend one of the PAC meetings at Lake Myra & also district PAC meetings provided by the county
·      Share information from district level meetings at school parent involvement meetings (you will not have to present this information J)
If you are interested in being a parent representative, please contact Trina at the Front Office and let her know.  We’d love to work with you! 

Wake County Public School System
Lake Myra Year Round Elementary School  –   School-wide Title I Parent Involvement Policy
The mission of the Wake County Public School System is to educate each student to be a responsible and productive citizen who can effectively manage future challenges. Parents of Wake County students are urged to support their child’s participation in the Title I program. Elementary school students are eligible to be served in the Title I program if the child performs or is at risk of performing below grade level according to local and state assessments.
We believe the education of children is a cooperative and collaborative effort.  Parental involvement strengthens the child’s academic, social, and emotional success.
Lake Myra Year  Round  Elementary  School-wide Title  I  Program

 
 


The mission of Lake Myra Elementary School is to provide a loving environment that is engaging, caring, nurturing and safe for all. 
Title I Parent Advisory Committee
o   Gives parents an opportunity to provide input on the School-wide Title I program and services at Lake Myra Elementary School. 
o   Works with the Title 1 staff to develop, evaluate and revise the school’s School-wide Title I Parent Involvement Policy to best meet the needs of all parents.
o   Develops jointly with the Title I staff a written Title I School-wide Parent Involvement Policy and Parent – Student – Teacher – Administrator Compact that outlines how parents, teachers, students and administrators will share the responsibility for improved student achievement
o   Develops jointly with the Title I staff a survey for all Title I parents to provide input on parental involvement in the program

Ø  Quarterly Parent Advisory Council Meetings
o   Review details of the “No Child Left Behind” (NCLB) legislation, parent rights and responsibilities and the Title I program and services
o   Teach parents strategies for helping their children improve academically and how to effectively support their child’s progress in reading and math

Ø  Parent Involvement Representatives
o   Attend quarterly district Parent Advisory Council (PAC) Meetings and share information at the school’s quarterly PAC meetings to involve all parents in the county’s vision for all students
o   Work jointly with Title I Literacy and Math staff to plan and present information at quarterly Lake Myra PAC meetings

Ø  Lake Myra Intervention Teachers
o   Provide parents with program information through initial contacts, PAC meeting invitations, and Provide parents opportunities to visit and volunteer in school activities
o   Collaborate with classroom teachers monthly to maximize best practices and instructional consistency for all students
o   Maintain ongoing assessment information about individual student progress
o   Attend training sessions to gain knowledge on how to provide the highest quality instruction through best practices for struggling learners